Go Kenny Go! Kenny left A Wider Circle on September 25, Monday morning on the first leg of his 277-mile journey to raise money for the Open Door Exchange mattress fund. Here’s how you can support Kenny, and people in need of a comfortable place to sleep:
- Join Kenny at the end of his walk! On Saturday, October 14, Kenny will walk the final three and a half miles on the Setauket-Port Jefferson Greenway Trail. If you’d like to walk the last miles with him, we’ll gather at the entrance to the Greenway Trail in Setauket at 10:30AM on October 14th. We’ll end at the ODE warehouse in Port Jefferson Station for a welcome back celebration.
- Or meet at the warehouse at 12:00PM on October 14th for the festivities!!
- Follow Kenny’s progress on the Open Door Exchange Facebook page.
- Donate to support Kenny online at www.opendoorexchange.org, or via check made out to “Setauket Presbyterian Church” with “Miles for Mattresses” in the memo line.
- Buy a t-shirt! We have custom “Miles for Mattresses” t-shirts available for $20–see an ODE volunteer to purchase!
A Wider Circle was the inspiration for Open Door Exchange.
The 277 mile trek will end at the Open Door Exchange warehouse in Port Jefferson Station.
Donations received will go to the ODE Mattresses Fund.
Donations can made by checks made out to Setauket Presbyterian Church with Open Door Exchange Miles for Mattresses in the memo (100% of check donations will go to mattresses), or online at the Open Door Exchange web site (about 96% of online donations will buy mattresses).
Our goal: a mattress or box spring for every mile!!
If you didn’t catch it in the Sunday, August 20, 2017, Newsday, Kenny Rogers and his Miles for Mattresses walk for Open Door Exchange were the cover story in the LI Life section! You can read the online version here (login or subscription required).