People wishing to assist Texans and Gulf Coast residents displaced by Hurricane Harvey and people affected by Hurricane Irma can:
- Write a check to Setauket Presbyterian Church and put in the memo line ‘Hurricane PDA’ and the church will send it off to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance.
- Donate directly to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance at pda.pcusa.org .
- The Health and Welfare Council of Long Island has several options for help in a brief, easy-to-share How to Help Resource Guide and poster.
- And here’s an article on how to donate to Harvey victims from the New York Times (Aug 28, 2017)
FROM THE FINANCIAL SECRETARY…
Donations to Special Interests
If you make a donation to a specific cause of the church (i.e. Open Door Exchange, Soup Kitchen, a memorial fund, etc.) your check must be made payable to Setauket Presbyterian Church with the specific cause noted in the memo section of the check. The bank will not cash checks written directly to the special interest.
Online donations: use your bank’s Bill Pay
Repeatedly folks have inquired about the possibility of on-line giving. I have offered a quite simple way to do this, and currently at least ten folks are doing so.
To give electronically, do the following:
- Go to your bank’s web site
- Find “bill pay”
- Open “bill pay” and follow the instructions.
You will be asked:
- Name of payee — Setauket Presbyterian Church
- Address of payee — 5 Caroline Ave., Setauket, NY 11733
- Purpose — pledge, general Giving or whatever
- One time or repeated — weekly, monthly, etc
- Bank account you wish to have drawn from — checking, usually
- Amount you wish to have withdrawn
Once you have set this up, the bank will mail the church a check per your instructions. There is no charge for this and it allows easy tracking by me for your financial reports and my reports to session.
It’s not too late
to make a pledge.
If you haven’t already done so, you can just leave it in the church office.
Please email the financial secretary directly and don’t relay your pledge through web contact forms or other emails.
Pledge envelopes are available.
If you would like envelopes or you can’t find your envelopes, contact the Financial Secretary.